This course develops the skills and knowledge to understand, and assist young people moving through transition stages in their lives. It includes knowledge about youth culture, communicating with youth, liaising with various youth agencies and coaching and motivating young people. This course enables students to develop and facilitate programs for young people through a range of community settings. Graduates are equipped to address the social, behavioural, health, welfare, developmental and protection needs of young people.
Job titles may include: Youth and Family Service Worker, Youth Case Worker, Youth Alcohol and Other Drugs Worker, Recreational Youth Activities Worker, Indigenous Youth Worker, Christian Pastoral Support Worker.
- CHCCD412B Work within a community development framework
- HLTWHS001 Participate in work health and safety
- CHCCOM403A Use targeted communication skills to build client relationships
- CHCCS400C Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- CHCMH411A Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTHIR403C Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- CHCYTH001 Engage respectfully with young people
- CHCGROUP403D Plan and conduct group activities
- CHCYTH002 Work effectively with young people in a youth work context
- CHCYTH003 Support young people to create opportunities in their lives
- CHCYTH004 Respond to critical situations
- CHCYTH010 Provide services for young people appropriate to the needs and circumstances
- HLTHIR404D Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- CHCCS422B Respond holistically to client issues and refer appropriately
- CHCCH427B Work effectively with people experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- CHCNET404B Facilitate links with other services
- CHCCM503C Develop, facilitate and monitor all aspects of case management
- More electives available to select from
Course Duration: 1 years or as required
Location: On Campus or External (online)
Intake: February and July
Entry Requirements: No entry requirements.
Training Sessions: Day Time Sessions, 2 lectures / Week and Work Placement.
Vocational Education and Training Administrator
Call 08 8373 8777